Temple Baptist Church's current home, built in 2006, is clearly visible from Old Hickory Blvd and accessible by way of Pitts Ave.
Our church began in 1942 as a mission at the corner of Hadley Avenue and 30th Street. In 1945, the mission was named Temple Baptist an in 1949 the church moved to 110 Park Circle.
In 1958 that church building was completely destroyed by fire; the members, determined to trust God and be a witness and a testimony to His faithfulness, continued to gather and meet for worship. After re-construction and repairs were made the first service was held in the new building on Easter Sunday 1959.
The church continued to grow; additional room was needed, a bus ministry and children’s churches were started in 1972; the growth continued with many families and children coming to faith in Christ.
In 1988 the “Step of Faith” was begun and ten acres of land on Old Hickory Blvd. were purchased, the land we now stand on, became the future home of what is now Temple Baptist Church of Old Hickory, TN.
God has truly blessed and provided in the years of ministry at Temple Baptist. Over 20 men and women have been called out from the church as pastors and missionaries since our church began. The gospel has been carried to many parts of the world where countless numbers have come to know Christ as their Savior.
110 Fellowship Lane, Old Hickory, Tennessee, 37138
Sundays: Bible Study Classes 9:30 am
Worship Service 10:45 am & 6:00 pm
Children's Church 10:45 am
AWANA 5:50 pm
Mission Friends 5:30 pm
IMPACT - Youth Group 5:30 pm
Wednesday Nights: Evening Service 6:00 pm
Women's Bible Study 6:00 pm